Good Inspections Stop Bad Surprises
Whether you are buying a home or investing in commercial property, real estate is often the most expensive investment people make. Our job is to ensure that you get your money’s worth. The thorough inspections and detailed reports from Zafras have helped hundreds of home buyers, real estate agents and investors, homeowners and commercial property managers make better decisions when investing in real estate.
Zafras Property Inspection Services
We firmly believe that each thorough inspection should be completed with honesty and integrity to provide you with the details you need and can easily understand. Zafras Property Services has extensive training and experience to provide:
- Home Inspections
Your home is likely the most expensive purchase you will ever make, and you want to ensure its quality and longevity before you spend a dime on the property. Our thorough home inspections include the following systems:
- Structural Systems
- Roof Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- HVAC Systems (air conditioning)
- Interior & Exterior (Ceilings, Walls, Floors, Doors and Windows)
- Grade and Vegetation (how vegetation and rain affects your property)
- Appliances and Recalls
- Pool (additional charge)
All home inspections include:
- Thermal Scan: We use the latest technology in thermal scanning in all of our inspections which allows us to see more than the naked eye can see. We look for temperature anomalies in ceilings, walls, and floors to identify potential water leaks, not seen by just doing a visual inspection. We also do thermal scans in air handlers and ductwork to find potential air leaks that can become an unnecessary waste of money in the electrical bill, shorten the life expectancy of the air handler, making you replace it earlier than needed, and in some occasions create situations where mold can grow.
- Recall Chek: We take inventory of all electrical appliances in the property the day of the inspection and will notify you if they are ever recalled by the manufacturer.
- Buy Back Protection by Internachi (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors).
- Wind Mitigation Inspections
In Florida, homeowners who get a wind mitigation inspection can often benefit from reduced insurance premiums. The purpose of a wind mitigation inspection is to verify if the property is currently protected against hurricane winds by inspecting features such as new roof, impact-rated windows or doors, or impact-rated protection (Accordion Shutters or Hurricane Panels).
We also provide Building Type II Wind Mitigation inspections (4 to 6 Story) for condos and commercial properties.
- 4 Point Inspections
In Florida, most insurance companies now require a 4 Point Inspection before they provide homeowners’ insurance coverage for homes 30+ years old (or at the discretion of the insurance carrier).
A 4 Point Inspection is an evaluation of four areas:
- Electrical system
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning)
Insurance companies focus on potential and active water leaks, shock and fire hazards, as well as mold problems. We will take the time to explain any fixes that may be needed in order to comply with the insurance minimum requirements.
- Roof Certifications
Roof Certifications are often requested by home insurance carriers to determine the life expectancy of the roof. Zafras checks for broken tiles/shingles, water damage, leaks and much more to ensure that your roof is structurally sound, safe and working like it is supposed to.
- Mold Assessment
Mold, which can hide in difficult-to-reach areas, can be harmful to your health. Ramon is also a licensed Mold Assessor and uses the latest technology in infrared thermal scanning to find water intrusion mold in walls, ceilings and air vents. We will go wherever it takes to find out if there is a mold problem that needs to be fixed. We take air samples which are then submitted to our trusted environmental laboratory testing partner. You will receive a comprehensive report with the lab test results.
- 40 Year Certification
In Miami-Dade and Broward counties, all buildings that are 40 years old from the date of the original Certification of Occupancy must be recertified every 10 years to ensure they are safe. A 40-year recertification requires buildings to be inspected to make sure they are structurally and electrically safe.
- Commercial Inspections
Whether you are buying or selling commercial property, you need to know every detail about its condition. Zafras has extensive training and experience in commercial property inspections. We offer commercial real estate and tenant-ready inspections and for:
- One-suite commercial property
- Shopping centers
- Duplex and triplex condominiums
- Apartment buildings